Similans update!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had lucky timing last year. I was in and around the Similans for the one week last January when it was perfect conditions. November to mid January were pretty bad last season. It clouded up again then claered later in later February.

This year I have heard that it is fairly normal again with good viz, normal temps and mantas at Koh Bon. If I was one of the unlucky ones last year, I'd be heading back now.

hey hey
how is similan condition right now?
I went to similan last year (jan 2007), the water was cold, the visibility was bad...
So wanna to go again next month. Hope the condition is good.
Please advise me condition right now. Will going to Phi Phi island as well, so Phi Phi info also welcome :)

Here's a condition report I just came across...

Diving Similans and Phuket Thailand with Phuket dash Scuba dot Com (phuket-scuba.com) - diving liveaboards divecourses and daytrip diving in Phuket Thailand - weather and diving conditions

Lucky you Zippsy!
I got a bad experience last year. Rent only 3mm shorties in that cold temp!!
I am bringing my suits this time :D
Mantas at Koh Bon, great, we are going to Koh Bon as well this time, looking foward for that!

Thanks dogatecat for the link.
Everything seems goes well
Can't wait ... still have 11 days to go....

Back
Top Bottom