Similans LOB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lj82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi people
I am currently look at Similan LOBs and would like to ask for your opinions here.
My budget for the LOBs are around SGD$1k (USD$700+) for 4days/4nights 14 dives package.
2 boats that caught my eyes are the MV Manta Queen2 and the MV Dolphin Queen.
Did anyone of you have any experiences with these 2 boats?
Or are there any other boats in that price range that you would recommend?

Are there any things that I should look out for when looking at the Similan LOB? (first time planning 'far away' LOB trip)

A million thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
hi, i did a similans LOB over new year and organised it through Phuket Scuba Club just look them up on google. they have a couple of shops but are very good at arranging LOB trips for you, the owners are very nice people and are in the know so they know all the boats and have good feedback on which ones to use/not to use. . .enjoy its nice out there

I've been on the Manta Queen 2 to go up to RR/14 dives. I've no complaints
and could recommend the boat - it's considerably under the $1k mark as well.

Dive groups were spread out - so you don't dump all at once, and in groups of 4 or so divers
per group. Mostly more experienced divers when I went - for example my buddy had been diving for 20 years and around 10k dives.

There's also a TV/rec room to watch stuff during your SI.
The food was also great.

Khao Lak Diving & Scuba Diving Adventures in Thailand Liveaboards to Similan

Yes, the boats you mentioned are both within the cheaper end of the scale, but in Thailand you need to shop around since you will find that your $$$ can stretch quite a way and there can often be quite a spread of quality within a given price range.

You should have a good look at your Low Price Similans Options and compare the cabins, facilities and of course the exclusions and inclusions which can make a big difference to the final hole in your pocket.

I'm sure you will have a great time

If your budget is 1,000 US$ there are certainly nicer options than the ones you have mentioned. Both are low budget, shared cabins, shared bathrooms and way under a thousand dollars. We book a lot of people on Dolphin Queen, and I can certainly recommend it if that's the kind of boat you want. Very well run, experienced staff. Owner Joe is one of the "original" Khao Lak liveaboard operators and he and wife Nut are very nice folks.

I can recommend Manta Queen and Manta Queen 2. Both good value for money boats we use quite often.

But as mentioned, if you're looking at a budget of 1,000 US$ there are nicer options. The diving though will be at the same spots, really a matter of personal preference where you would like to spend your money on.

LOL
I didnt make myself clear.
Its actually 1k SGD.
I copy and paste from my post in a Singapore forum and forgot to change the currency.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom