Similan Liveaboards in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingNole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
I know that nobody can ever predict the weather, etc. but I was wondering what conditions in November/early Dec may be like. Since this is the tail end of monsoon season and the beginning of liveaboard trips, I was wondering about the dive conditions. Been out that way before, as I did the crazy experience of a lifetime getting my OW on a liveaboard in the Andaman, now I want to come back and just dive:D I plan on poking around on the boards to find the best liveaboard that's not "break the bank" budget and good for a solo traveler (which is what I did the last time as well).

With the expense of the trip, etc. I'm trying to maximize the experience. If it's only so-so diving during that time, then I guess I'm looking at March-April 2012 instead. Thanks!

Hi DN. It's true that the weather can't really be predicted. Last year in November, for example, the conditions were great--the sea was flat, the sun was shining. This year, on the other hand, the entire month of November into December has been stormy and rainy. Even so, the boats have been going out and people have been having great dives. In other words, it's a toss of the dice. The weather is rarely as unpredictable in December as it has been this year, though, so my guess would be that in late November/early December next year, your chances of good weather and fine sea conditions are quite good.

Don't worry about being a solo traveler. We can book you into a cabin with a bunkmate so that you don't pay any single supplement fees. Lots and lots of divers come on their own, so you won't be alone on a boatload of honeymooners, for example. Also, we have a large variety of liveaboards in different price categories, so I'm pretty sure you'll find just what you're looking for!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom