Similan Liveaboard in March 2011-suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone been diving on the Oktavia or the Discovery?
I'm looking at these vessels and I'd like to hear about people's experiences on them.

Cheers!

Cheers Steven, I'd appreciate that mate.

You will get very different opinions from people selling trips than people who have actually paid for the trip and been on the boat as a customer

and

folks who reply in forums like this often don't take the time to fully disclose why they are replying (a dive center, a customer, etc.) and what their position and interest might be

1. I take issue with this personally ... the reply from someone like myself or stevenl who have been here for many years with (in my case) over 1000 logged dives in the area and I reckon steven has more!... replies from people like us who DO declare who we are - see signature, clear.... a reply from us, people who know the boats, the staff, the dive sites better that any customer who has been on one boat one time... surely that reply is valuable? Also... since we are both liveaboard agents and not just trying to sell one boat, there is no need to say "My boat is the best", we can offer a balanced view. If someone requests luxury, I do not recommend the backpacker boats.. if someone is on a budget I do not recommend the Master cabin on Queen Scuba, and also... as an agent or operator you want people to come back happy, so I do not recommend/sell boats that I know to be **** - There are good boats that we don't have on our website, but putting all boats on there would just be confusing, too many options.

Thanks for listening, I hate to see people posting about "beware replies from dive operators"... I mean, if you are not going to trust what a dive operator says, well, who are you going to book with!

Hi All,

I can highly recommend MV Dive Race (diverace.com - formerly MV White Manta). They are a great "lower" cost boat and have a great team. The mostly do 4night/5day trips with 14 dives in and around the best spots in the Similans. I went out with them this past Feb. and will probably go out with them again early in 2011.

I'd also recommend checking out the guest book on our website - as you can see we've just scanned in the handwritten comments of our guests......

Cheers
Karin

Hi guys,
i m looking for about the same things as Chris does above, but for november.
would that be a good period?
thanks
amy

Hi guys,
i m looking for about the same things as Chris does above, but for november.
would that be a good period?
thanks
amy
Hi Amy. November is fine. The park is open and the boats will be running trips. The weather may still be a little changeable, depending on the time of the month (it varies from year to year).

Yes, November is an excellent period. In general the seas will be a bit more choppy and you have a bigger chance of a bit of rain, but visibility will normally be excellent.
And with the shelter the islands offer a bit more choppy than the mirrorlike seas in March is no problem at all.

Well, if you are "liveaboard agents", then why not begin your reply:

"We are liveaboard agents"...... ?

Just as some take issue with our customer preference for recommendations from other customer (one time trip or not) we customers take issue with replies from agents and dive center who do not clearly identify themselves!

You might not believe it, but highly successful businesses have the model that the customer is right and not someone to argue with.

Back
Top Bottom