Similan live aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its a pity that simillan is closed during the summer, luckily theres other places :) I will hit the phuket in june and gonna go take a look of Koh Changs area aswell.

Oh, that is good. So we can probably organize something when we are over there.

Sorry Stargazer
The Similans National Marine Park is officially closed then although there are a couple of operators who take the risk to bend the rules.

A thought to consider is would the Insurance companies cover any problem in the event of any mishap during this period? Especially since it is common knowledge that the Park should be closed then.

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful posts. We have decided to put off the Thailand trip for now and go sometime next year.

i will have a look at a liveaboard on the Barrier Reef instead.

A thought to consider is would the Insurance companies cover any problem in the event of any mishap during this period? Especially since it is common knowledge that the Park should be closed then.
Some people like Similans this time of year some people don't, but insurance has nothing to do with that.

Some people like Similans this time of year some people don't, but insurance has nothing to do with that.

Sorry Steven, I dont believe that it is an issue of liking or not liking the Similans at this time of year. The fact of the matter is that it is supposed to be officially closed then.

Also I am quite sure that Insurance companies would not be so forthcoming if they find this out.

Yes, officially closed, but allowed by the Rangers.

Regarding the insurance: I used to work for an insurance company, and know exactly how they think and know a lot of the policies. And something like this is NO reason not to pay in case of an accident.

Steven I also have vast experience with the Insurance Industry and I can assure you that at any given chance under questionable circumstances they will dispute any claims. Otherwise I am not getting involved in a slanging match with you on a forum, especially since we are so closely located. We can discuss this issue in person over a nice coldie.

To the OP - be very careful of the operators trying to promote The Similans during our low season months. Nobody knows what the weather will be like during these months up there. On one hand you could be lucky and have ideal conditions but then on the other hand you could not be as lucky. It can change so quickly and it would not be fair to you or those who are trying to plan their ideal diving holiday.

Sorry Steven, my money is on Ringo:popcorn: Even if the weather is good wouldn't it be wise to give the area a rest?

Speaking as an attorney who has been fighting Insurance companies for way too long; Anytime they can slime their way out of paying off, they will.

Back
Top Bottom