Similan live aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stargazer61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My son and I are looking for a live aboard trip to the Similans in late June early July. At first glance the trips seem to stop between May and November, is there any reason for this?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Hi there !

Monsoon and bad weather stops the boats running....in June and July the east coast is where the best weather and diving is.....I live on Koh Tao on the east coast ....most dive sites are less than an hour away so daily dive trips mostly operate - however there is one liveaboard running to Ang Thong Marine park and Sail rock.

Ang Thong Marine Park Learn To Dive On Koh Tao

Let me know if you want some more information......

Ayesha

Hi there !

Monsoon and bad weather stops the boats running....in June and July the east coast is where the best weather and diving is.....I live on Koh Tao on the east coast ....most dive sites are less than an hour away so daily dive trips mostly operate - however there is one liveaboard running to Ang Thong Marine park and Sail rock.

Ang Thong Marine Park Learn To Dive On Koh Tao

Let me know if you want some more information......

Ayesha

Thanks for that. I have not thought about doing the East Coast at this stage because we are most likely going to Phuket. I did a "discover scuba" course on Phi Phi in July a few years ago and we had great diving conditions. I wonder if there is any chance of finding a trip to the Similans closer to the time, maybe when we are there.

There are liveaboard diving trips going to the Similans in that time.

The park is officially closed, so in stead of paying national park fees you pay a fine, exactly the same amount as the park fees are.

Personally I love trips to the Similans that time of year, others have different opinions.

Not a very good time of year to go to the Similans. The Park closes down for a reason. I love liveaboards to the Similans, it's the best diving in Thailand, Hands down. But July? It might be wiser to look somewhere else.

I would consider Koh Tao as Ayesha suggests. The diving is pretty good and June/July is the time of year for the Gulf of Siam.

Back
Top Bottom