Similan Islands Liveaboards in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How can I put this, LK, to avoid further shocking you? (That's twice today already that you've expressed shock at my words--I must have an electrifying writing style....)

Okay, how about this: I'm suggesting that visitors try not make themselves a party to this sort of activity.

Scuba Cat will get my vote.
Have been to Similan three times with them.
Scuba Adventure is better but more expensive.

There is something no one else has mentioned...

As the parks are officially closed - this means there are no emergency services, the cell phone towers are powered down and they are legally closed to recreational activity. This means if you do have an accident you are not only SOL - but your insurance will not cover you if they check on the official open and close dates.

I worked for a hyperbaric chamber and evacuation facility and we had a patient who had to pay for all services out of pocket when their insurance company found out they were diving out of season.

And no - there are NO reputable dive operators in Khao Lak who offer diving during this time. There are plenty of reputable dive operators who offer tours that are legal, sanctioned by the government and concerned about the safety and well-being of their guests. Please do not pay bribes or support operators who do.

Back
Top Bottom