Silverdale Wa. dive site suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or get them to move the wedding to Key Largo. :D :D :D
We visited the keys before we were certified...of course now it is a must do, perhaps 2018

Sorry, wrong location and wrong time of year. You want the Steller sea lions off Norris Rock (off Vancouver Island). The season is October until April. :wink:
Burrr I suppose dry suit mandatory to have fun. Hope I do get to do this dive, is this the place that has a dive B & B?

I should have specified easy dives, a little challenging for us at this point.

Easier dives...

Point Whitney

Port Angeles, Ediz Hook

Norrander's Reef (Rockaway Park) on Bainbridge Is. is a little more challenging but also an option.

Water temperature will be in the low 50's F (10C). I hope you have a drysuit or thick wetsuit.

Last edited:
7ml, full hood, thick gloves/booties. I expect to be chilly, planning on finding a used vest. I do dive in mid to high 50's here in winter. One of the simple joys of cold water diving is immersion diuresis :rolleyes:

I'm bummed to say I won't be making it to scuba this time, just not enough time as we had to shorten out trip, we will only be here for 36 hours. We might just check out the dive sites esp sund rock for the next time... thank you all for your info!

Burrr I suppose dry suit mandatory to have fun. Hope I do get to do this dive, is this the place that has a dive B & B?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I dry suit is HIGHLY recommended. I'm a wimp when it comes to cold temperatures, so I have a heated vest, great undergarment, other layers. Since I now dive in a more trim position, I put little air in my dry suit.

Hornby Island has an amazing B&B. You eat like royalty there.

Back
Top Bottom