silver color hard to see?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Fire

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Searched a bit on this topic, and still had a few questions. Im getting my OW cert in the near future and have my gear picked out. Everything is comfortable and fits well. Im just having a hard time on color. (go figure) I want to keep my colors uniform, looks good and keep my gear identifiable. Whats you input on silver colored fins/mask and such. Is silver hard to pick out underwater? I really hate to buy something that looks good above water, but makes it hard to distinguish underwater. don't want to blend in too much and not be able to get picked out of a crowd. Or am i just thinking to much into this. will be doing some diving in the midwest, so colder lower vis diving. But i also plan on lotsa tropical dives while on vacation. Let me know your input and experience on different colors. Thanks.

My son used Mares Avanti Quattros and they're silver. I can see him a long way off. Very visible. I've since put silver tape on my fins so he can see me.
And I think it actually attracts some fish like jacks. He seems to always have permit and jacks come right up to him....and barracuda.
I've even thought I saw two jacks in the distance swimming erratically, but it was Jake, who was lucky I didn't shoot his foot. :D

Too funny, but good to know. Dont wear silver fins around spearfishermen! :D Im glad to hear that silver is pretty easy to spot. I like the look and am not a huge fan of super flashy contrasting colors. But i wanted function to be the driving factor.

I wear Yellow fins at the moment. I have a red regulator. I have a blue wetsuit. I have a Blue tank. I have a Yellow/black snorkel.

I would rather have someone see me in horrible color matching than not when I'm in style

Snorkel la i see your point, but i have the "luxury", if you would, to purchase in the colors of my choosing. Im buying a complete set that is pretty much offered in 3 colors. Now unless i decide i want to buy everything different colors and go rainbow, i figured i'd check in on some divers with experience to see how visible some colors are underwater. But as i pick up new pieces im sure color won't really be much of an issue. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom