Silicone Grease

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

radagalf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was wondering if any one out there had some tips on some cheap silicone grease? I've gone through the first one I bought from my local dive shop, but dont' feel like spending a fortune on silicone grease, but also want to protect my gear.

I use car axle grease to lube my bike chains, and was wondering if there is an equivalent solution to the silicone grease??

(Yes, I'm a student and look for all things CHEAP.. :) )

I rebuild regs, service tanks and am an instructor... what do you use that much grease on? But to answer your question, I get my Chrysto-lube and silicone grease from Peter Built @...

http://www.scubatools.com/

You can also find silicon grease from...

www.mcmastercarr.com

BTW, there is nothing... NOTHING that I would put axle grease on that is SCUBA related. And where a bit of grease is warranted, usually less is best! Tiny amounts that don't attract sand etc.

Lastly, welcome to the boards! I hope you meet as many great people as I have, and learn a few things on the way too!!!

Not for use in a regulator, but for other things I've been using Leslie's Pool & Spa Lube. Got it for O-rings and gaskets in my pool, since it is designed to stand up in a pool environment, I fugured it should be good for lights and cameras. Formulate with DuPont Krytox, a 3.5 oz tube is $5.00.

For regs, I only use christolube. It only hurts the first time you buy it. Which should be the last unless you go into the business.

Back
Top Bottom