Question Siladen Resort vs Bunaken Oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CF L

CF L

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back from Murex Bangka and am planning my next dive trip in 2025. I have been to Lembeh Resort a couple of times so am thinking of going to the Bunaken side.

I assume if I stay on Siladen they will go to similar dive sites to staying on Bunaken?

If anyone has been to both resorts I would like to hear your thoughts comparing the two, especially since Oasis seems to be a lot more expensive than Siladen Resort even staying in their Luxury Cottage.

I have stayed at both Siladen and Murex Manado albeit back in 2015.

Siladen was certainly much more upmarket by the way of accommodation and food, but there is no house reef.

Dive sites are the same, plus a nice easy house reef where I did a couple of night dives as well as very early morning dives too before we took the boat out to Bunaken National Park.

I have not dived at Bunaken Oasis, but for me, having a house reef for unguided night or early morning dives would be a plus.

When I've been to Murex Bangka, and Lembeh Resort (Murex), having a house reef makes a world of difference and was probably one of my negative views of NAD at Lembeh when I was last there in 2022.

When we were at Murex Bangka a couple of weeks ago and when we stayed at Lembeh Resort, we enjoyed diving and snorkelling the house reefs.

Thanks for mentioning Siladen Resort does not have a house reef, I didn't consider this, will have to discuss with my OH if will be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom