Signature Restrictions Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I never knew why SB had a 4 line limit including blank lines on Sigs, but I have been called on it more than once.

I also remember from Tos or Faq that SB smilies are the only images allowed in Sigs.

Have these rules changed, or are we just being easier until the board runs smooth again? I am seeing a lot of off-board images in Sigs, as well as more than 4...??

Not trying to cause trouble - just asking what I can do now? :wink:

DandyDon:
Not trying to cause trouble - just asking what I can do now? :wink:
Quit asking questions??? :D :D :D :D :D

The Signature Police has decided to resign, having been made redundant by a software patch... :D

The patch may cause part of your signature to disappear.

Guess that explains why 1/2 of my signature cruise ticker is missing.....lol.... And I hardly have anything.... kind of crazy it seems....:huh:

cruisegirl:
Guess that explains why 1/2 of my signature cruise ticker is missing.....lol.... And I hardly have anything.... kind of crazy it seems....:huh:
Oh, the Tos (rules) have always been to limit Sigs to 4 lines including blank lines, and the reminder "Your Signature (please limit to 4 (blank) lines as per the TOS)" was added to the Edit Sig page a year or so ago - after I was called down on it a couple of times for not setting a better example.

I noticed how large yours was when you joined. I wondered how the Mods might deal with it, since we try to be nicest to new members, but need to enforce standards. I do hope you'll rework it in a way that you like.

cruisegirl:
You can always use SB's Countdown timer (available on the Edit Profile page).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisegirl
Guess that explains why 1/2 of my signature cruise ticker is missing.....lol.... And I hardly have anything.... kind of crazy it seems....

Oh, the Tos (rules) have always been to limit Sigs to 4 lines including blank lines, and the reminder "Your Signature (please limit to 4 (blank) lines as per the TOS)" was added to the Edit Sig page a year or so ago - after I was called down on it a couple of times for not setting a better example.

I noticed how large yours was when you joined. I wondered how the Mods might deal with it, since we try to be nicest to new members, but need to enforce standards. I do hope you'll rework it in a way that you like.
Don't worry DandyDon.... I was "scolded" rather quickly when I joined.... I wasn't used to a site that had such restrictions.... lol.
My sig has had several reconstructions..... :D
I still think mine is smaller than most.. Not to be in competition but mine seems smaller than yours... Oh, that didn't sound right.... lol.... You know what I mean, less lines..... Guess I'll have to check out the timer El Orans mentioned....

cruisegirl:
Don't worry DandyDon.... I was "scolded" rather quickly when I joined.... I wasn't used to a site that had such restrictions.... lol.
My sig has had several reconstructions..... :D
I still think mine is smaller than most.. Not to be in competition but mine seems smaller than yours... Oh, that didn't sound right.... lol.... You know what I mean, less lines..... Guess I'll have to check out the timer El Orans mentioned....
Oh you were, huh? WE have scolding Mods? :11: I dunno, never been a Mod nor would want to. Too much work, too little pay or anything else. I have known a couple who seemed to enjoy the scolding too much but figured it was all personal. :D This being the larger cyber scuba board in the world, what such a vast number of forums, such important issues like safety & operating budgets in face of computer server fraud, and so forth - I guess they have to have some standards. I don't know how the new automatic limiting software works, but I guess it treats all the same? Maybe it's reacting to offsite images, which are also not supposed to happen. :wink:

DandyDon:
I don't know how the new automatic limiting software works, but I guess it treats all the same? Maybe it's reacting to offsite images, which are also not supposed to happen. :wink:
Every member is allowed the same number of pixels (75).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom