Sidewinder 2.0 spotted at BOOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears they decided to pot molex receptacle connectors? if so why?? The receptacle connector takes all the abuse......

Meanwhile, many details were summarized on Facebook here KISS rebreather (Tips and Tricks) | Facebook.
From the facebook post, a description of the scrubber - With the pic posted earlier, it makes sense, gas goes in the top down the slit, across the sorb, and out the sidewall into the lungs. Biggish flat bed should be better WOB

To reach that, we invented an entirely new kind of scrubber design: the CROSS-FLOW canister with tapered gas channels.
The sorb is loaded from the front, while the gas flows transversely between the channels parallel to the top and bottom walls, giving a huge surface area with a short bed length.
The side loading has an important advantage: it is entirely immune to channeling. You can't fill it wrong.
We had an eye for details: to prevent the sorb from getting into the gas channels, we created a smart closing ring, while the central spring makes adjusting the head angle possible even when the head is already mounted to the canister.
After spending hundreds of work hours on CAE, we expected good results, but the tests in the laboratories in USA and Germany stunned us totally.

Any news on the Sidewinder 2 from DEMA?
Nothing new that has not already been announced. They are hopping for a summer release. I saw Mike showed off to woody solid state sensors for the chest mounted rebreather toy.

Any chance of this unit being independently tested to validate the manufacturers claims?

From the little they said and show sounds interesting.

To bad there is no way I can afford another rebreather.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom