Sidemount Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 3 sets of used thermo right/left. Rebuilt before they were stored properly 3 years ago, I’ll include a set of rebuild soft parts if you are interested.

$80 for the set you pay fees and shipping.

Or, if you prefer the Blue Steel, I’ll make you the exact same deal, but the little plastic caps on the valves (where the knobs go now) are broken.

I have 3 sets of used thermo right/left. Rebuilt before they were stored properly 3 years ago, I’ll include a set of rebuild soft parts if you are interested.

$80 for the set you pay fees and shipping.

Or, if you prefer the Blue Steel, I’ll make you the exact same deal, but the little plastic caps on the valves (where the knobs go now) are broken.
Would you mind sending me photo's of the valves you're willing to sell?
PM me if you'd perfer...

4E9479EA-9B4E-4F17-8533-72D8B5A55B98.jpeg
659915F7-57F0-4EAB-B262-151D853C89A3.jpeg
C8AA9DAF-27BF-4462-8F63-D06F901059F4.jpeg
C8AA9DAF-27BF-4462-8F63-D06F901059F4.jpeg

I have 2 other sets of the right/left that a LDS has borrowed from me. If you want the OMS line valves, I will remove them
From the cylinders they are in.

If they were the same price, I would always go thermo. They’re just ever so slightly better quality. But for the price, I only buy dgx long neck valves. For the price, the minor difference between them and thermo is negligible. I do not like the dgx regular valves. I found when carrying a tank by the valve they hurt my hand. Seems minor but it’s important. The long neck dgx valves are just as comfortable as thermos when carrying.

I can’t imagine any of the parts in the dgx valves being proprietary leading to issues with repair and service.

I can't stand valve with crush washer sealed valves, they are just an epic pita compared to oring sealed bonnet nuts. If I could swap out all my remaining blue steel and thermos I would do it in a heartbeat. The crush washers are stupid $$ and are almost always partially corroded in place by the time I rebuild them (roughly at hydro time).

The DGX valves are the same as the old DR valves, they use all the same parts (orings, washers, springs, stems, and seats)

I can't stand valve with crush washer sealed valves, they are just an epic pita compared to oring sealed bonnet nuts. If I could swap out all my remaining blue steel and thermos I would do it in a heartbeat. The crush washers are stupid $$ and are almost always partially corroded in place by the time I rebuild them (roughly at hydro time).

The DGX valves are the same as the old DR valves, they use all the same parts (orings, washers, springs, stems, and seats)
Which valves do you perfer?

Which valves do you perfer?
The DGX valves are a fabulous price, finish quality is comparable to thermos (the buff chrome is nicer to me). And they come in every conceivable style. I've been swapping all of my valves out to the DGX over time. The rebuild costs plus the agony of getting frozen copper crush washers out of thermos and blue steels makes them 2nd tier for me by far, nevermind their new prices are crazy. I do have some thermos and OMS valves in my stable for the time being.

The DGX valves are a fabulous price, finish quality is comparable to thermos (the buff chrome is nicer to me). And they come in every conceivable style. I've been swapping all of my valves out to the DGX over time. The rebuild costs plus the agony of getting frozen copper crush washers out of thermos and blue steels makes them 2nd tier for me by far, nevermind their new prices are crazy. I do have some thermos and OMS valves in my stable for the time being.
Ahhh... I didn't realize that the DGX don't have the "copper crush washer"... Good to know!

upload_2019-5-9_17-6-21.png

Sounds like the DGX valves are probably the best choice:)

Yes part #9 is the bomb! You can get a bag of 100 of those (I would have to double check the size) for about $7 at McMaster Carr. Or for the same $7 about 3 crush washers for thermos.

I also like the DGX long necks and stems for SM and the price is very good! I have a set of valves that I took off a twin set and put plugs in and they are fine too. Although a minor thing the slightly longer stem is a nice to have for wrapping bungee depending on how you set up your tanks.Not enough to be a game changer but again like mentioned about the ability to carry them being better, it's a nice to have. Can't speak to quality or longevity I only recently got them but they seem fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom