Sidemount regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollis is no longer AUP. It was acquired by Hurrish Products.

One problem is everyone says their fav reg breathes better.

I'm cold mostly as well and with hood over the neck seal it's not a big issue......if concerned use some tape over it.

My hood tucks In so it will not effect the seal.

I wish there was a way I could dive the deep6. I did not like my hog so if the 1st stage I'm worried I will not like it.

Hollis is no longer AUP. It was acquired by Hurrish Products.

Huish doesn't really change it at all, the AUP reference was mainly for Oceanic and Hollis combined. It does bring up the point that if you are paying $1500 for a Huish regulator, what would possibly compel you to choose the Hollis over the Atomic?

For reference I currently own none of the regulators that have come up in discussion on this thread so I have no skin in the game in terms of favoritism

Huish doesn't really change it at all, the AUP reference was mainly for Oceanic and Hollis combined. It does bring up the point that if you are paying $1500 for a Huish regulator, what would possibly compel you to choose the Hollis over the Atomic?

For reference I currently own none of the regulators that have come up in discussion on this thread so I have no skin in the game in terms of favoritism

In general I have been very happy with my hollis gear. I have 2 dc3/212 and it was way better than the aeris that was my first reg set. They are about 3 maybe 4 years old. I tried the hog 2nd stage and hated it. Wis is now an octo on my pool reg.

I would like to try the deep6 as I think with a new company trying to get into the market I think you will get more bang for your buck and paying less for the brand name.

Maybe I should get a stage bottle set up to try it before I commit to sidemount set

So I messaged deep six on FB asking about size and weight of 1st stage and they were very honest and told me to stick to the Hollis.

They said if I had problems with the weight of the hog I should stick to the Hollis.

So I messaged deep six on FB asking about size and weight of 1st stage and they were very honest and told me to stick to the Hollis.

They said if I had problems with the weight of the hog I should stick to the Hollis.

if you are spending $1500 on sidemount regs, there are plenty of lighter second stages out there than the Hollis. Atomic should be lighter, new Scubapro S620 will be lighter, Poseidon Xstream is lighter, all are better regs at that price point. If you can find the DC1/212's at $200, then it's a different story

Tbone - I get a feeling that you have an issue with Hollis. I have always been happy with all of my hollis gear. You were complaining about the cost of the Hollis set and now you are suggesting a set that is $300 more than the Hollis set.

I'm not a fan of scuba pro. None of my local dive shops carry it and they are really god
Making sure they do not work with anything else. For example I had scuba pro find and NONE of the replacment spring straps worked and no one had the scuba pro ones in stock. If you can not get fin straps even online there is a problem.

And that is one of the problems you'll encounter. For the most part when your are dropping 1K for a regulator set, you don't have several to compare with, and $$$ prevent most from owning multiple manufacturer sets. The only possibility is going to several shops and doing a test dive for comparison. My preference is mix and match. There are some real dogs out for 1st stage configuration, but second stages are great (as well as visa versa). The downside is I have to service two different brands,but I feel like I get my cake and eat it too.

Back
Top Bottom