sidemount diving with two long hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use two long hoses, but the left hose is routed like a short hose and on a necklace. I have no contingency that involves donating this hose. The purpose for me is to allow equal range of motion for both tanks.

Edit: Typo

It's you're setup!!!!! You wanna dive with 2 long hoses go for it, you wanna dive with 2 90 degree elbows on both regs? Go for it. It is your equipment to do what you like. I stay away from 2 long hoses because it is just more hose line to deal with and I know in a situation that I need to stay calm and donate, I can complete the task at hand with zero issues or signs of stress.

I use two long hoses, but the left hose is routed like a short hose and on a necklace. I have no contingency that involves donating this hose. The purpose for me is to allow equal range of motion for both tanks.

Edit: Typo
Me too for the same reason and in case of OOA diver in a stress panic situation would reach for easy second stage....in your mouth so no matter you have enough hose to keep distance.
Cheers

Have a 'break' O-ring on the longhose boltsnap, so that if you (or someone else) can't get the thing off of your RH D-ring, just yank it off.

Aside from that proviso, it's all the same.

Two longhoses could get tangled behind your head. Basically not needed.

I prefer no boltsnap, bungee necklace on right side and left side when not in use in a bungee loop at D ring.

Either long or short hoses, both are trim over my neck for right configuration second stage.

In theory if all divers on a cave diving team are sidemount. There is no need to have an out of air situation. Each diver with true independent cylinders and is responsible for his own gas management.

In theory if all divers on a cave diving team are sidemount. There is no need to have an out of air situation. Each diver with true independent cylinders and is responsible for his own gas management.
As well goes for back mount and no only for cave, the same for wreck and solo dive, but things happen.....no doubt if diving with a recreational team
Cheers

Have a 'break' O-ring on the longhose boltsnap, so that if you (or someone else) can't get the thing off of your RH D-ring, just yank it off.

Aside from that proviso, it's all the same.

Two longhoses could get tangled behind your head. Basically not needed.

How exactly are two long hoses more likely to tangle than a long and a short?

They both loop behind your head either way, and all the excess hose is tucked in the tank straps. It's something we all learn to manage in ITT for both back mount and side mount. On deco dives, I may have 3 hoses back there.

How exactly are two long hoses more likely to tangle than a long and a short?

They both loop behind your head either way, and all the excess hose is tucked in the tank straps. It's something we all learn to manage in ITT for both back mount and side mount. On deco dives, I may have 3 hoses back there.

Two longhoses. Switch gas: unclip longhose 1, reg out, reg in, clip off. Repeat. Repeat. Seems that there's a possibility of twists happening behind your neck.

Long+bungeed shorthose. Breathing from shorthose, take out and drop, unclip longhose and put in mouth. Switch: longhose out, clip off, scoop up bungeed hose and breathe.

(Slightly simplified the clipping off - would probably have the longhose in our hand and use that to pull other reg out)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom