Sidemount diving in the Denver area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry but that's not real diving

---------- Post added January 21st, 2014 at 09:24 PM ----------

Dive aurora, chatfield, horse tooth, carter, turquoise or nm.

Been in Chatfield, didn't like it, Cold and nothing to see. Unless of course a toilet and the grocery cart of things of interest. Oh, and the crawfish, now were talk'in. If that's good enough for you go ahead.

Had a good time in the aquarium "real" diving or not.

I suppose I'm one of those who really enjoys local conditions so to each his own is fair.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Has anyone taken the sidemount course through Flatirons? There isn't really a lot of other options, but I wouldn't want to be part of the first or second class.

Rob at Flatirons is also the only GUE instructor in Denver...I also think in Colorado. We try and get at least on Technical Dive Trip in each month. Most of the time it is to Rock Lake in Santa Rosa NM (home of the Blue Hole). It is a private lake and good for deep dives, although I have personally not dove deeper than 60' for my Fundies course. A couple of other trips I have seen Rob do is The Royal Gorge and Lake Huron.

George Watson also offers a sidemount program. I'd say its an Edd meets DIR approach. He trained with Andrew Georgitsis and Edd Sorenson. We dive typically monthly down in New Mexico.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom