Side mount starting point ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, the same amount of gas as twin 80s with all the discomfort of backmount?
Lol, my rig can too but never will.
But don't let me or anyone else tell you right from wrong. Mostly it's just personal preference as long as it's safe. ie; enough lift etc.
Just try some larger cyl.s to compare.
Cheers

We talked about this before... It lets me have one rig and able to add the side mount when needing the extra gas and much easier for me to walk in ... Us old guys need to find what works for us.. The days of me throwing a set of steel doubles with a pony mounted to it over my head are long gone.. Think of the 40's as canes... LOL...

And I have no clue why you think back mount is uncomfortable.. I love back mount... Never had a problem with it in 40+ years...

Jim...

to get the bottles to trim like that you just need the neck bungees to be stronger in the up direction than the bottom of the bottle. Pretty simple. Measure the distance between the two attachment points on the rig, space the valve knob to the bolt snap as the same distance. 0 length bolt snap leashes on the bottom and good bungee up top and they'll stay flat

to get the bottles to trim like that you just need the neck bungees to be stronger in the up direction than the bottom of the bottle. Pretty simple. Measure the distance between the two attachment points on the rig, space the valve knob to the bolt snap as the same distance. 0 length bolt snap leashes on the bottom and good bungee up top and they'll stay flat

So you like bungee cord over webbing ? Or a mix ?

Jim...

How to find the Optimal Height for Sidemount Cylinder Bands

get sliding drings instead of tank weights. run two 80s instead of backmounting the single 80 and sidemounting two 40s. you can also dive a single al80 on one side without issues (aka monkey diving) for when you don't need that much gas.

I know what I need... And making tanks more neutral makes a lot of sense to me...

Jim...

I know what I need... And making tanks more neutral makes a lot of sense to me...

So you're gonna make them fancy small bcds? You cannot make a tank much more neutral than an S80. They have an inherent buoyancy swing around 3 lbs.

There's a reason we don't use weights on tanks. There's also a reason we don't make fancy bcds for tanks.

I know what I need... making tanks more neutral makes a lot of sense to me...

images (21).jpg

I started to reply to this thread... But, I'm not going to waste my time...

Jim....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom