SI Tech dry gloves for small hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeahorseDeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the SI Tech dry glove ring system, and they do keep my hands cozy warm, however I have anger management issues with them because they are too large for my petite hands. I have visited the mfr website and see that a medium is the smallest size which is what I have. My LDS has shortened them as much as possible, however I still have 3/4" of glove that has no fingertips touching the ends. I am all fumble fingers with these gloves, and I don't feel safe. I'd rather go back to my wet gloves and endure 43 degrees. Is there a solution?? :shakehead:

Well, you can install any glove you want in the Sitech rings, right? At least, that's the way mine are. I use Atlas orange gloves in size medium. I cut the cuffs off the glove so that there is only about 2" beyond the base of the thumb. It is a bit of a PITA to get them on the rings, but they work fine once they are installed.

BTW, my surgical gloves had to be special-ordered when I was doing that work, because my hands were that small.

Hmmm...so simple! I was over analyzing the solution. I thought the glove might need to be a certain thickness for the rings to clamp in tightly. Ok....I will go find some Atlas gloves...are they at the big box hardware stores?

Orange are double dipped, blue are triple dipped - so you have more sensitivity and dexterity with the orange ones. They are just a few bucks a pair at Seattle Marine. I use medium too but it's easy to purchase a few sizes and try them all.

Gloves
I think this is the glove Lynne is recommending??
Atlas Glove, 620 General Duty, Vinyl PVC Gloves w/ Seamless Liner
My partner has teeny tiny hands, and they work for her, but they came from Kathy, so I am not sure what they are.

Seattle Marine is another store. I would recommend buying two set with liners to have on hand.
Atlas Gloves - Chemical Resistant

Yes, the 620 and 660 (blue) run smaller than the "standard (4-something)" Atlas glove.

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Grainger carries the 660 and Grainger is everywhere if you want to try on different sizes.

Last edited:
Seattle Marine takes too long to get things out the door. Use www.esafetysupplies.com You'll have them in your hands before Seattle Marine even ships them.

For a few dollars more, you can also get the kevlar version.

I've tried the blue gloves and the orange gloves, both in medium -- there is a difference in finger length.

Back
Top Bottom