Shuttles from airport - any changes due to COVID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it even possible to go left as you emerge from customs? I don't remember anything in that direction that was available to the public. If one assumes the turn right is the only path then the colectivo window is the last window on the left. I always buy my tickets in pesos which is one reason I make sure to leave the island with plenty of pesos. I don't want to be under pressure to get to an ATM or cambio soon after arriving. I have 1500 pesos in my desk right now and my gf probably has some in her purse. A change in exchange rate could be in my disfavor but that too is lost in the noise.

The two windows are across from one another, last booths.

There is stuff down to the left but you have to turn left into a narrow hall and wind thru there - Federal Police office, the customs office and Immigration office.

So are there now two competing shuttle companies? I thought the one I always use (on the left after the right turn out of Customs) was run by the taxi union; are they allowing someone to compete with them or are both booths selling tix to the same vans?

There is stuff down to the left but you have to turn left into a narrow hall and wind thru there - Federal Police office, the customs office and Immigration office.

Sounds like a direction you really don't want to be going...

So are there now two competing shuttle companies? I thought the one I always use (on the left after the right turn out of Customs) was run by the taxi union; are they allowing someone to compete with them or are both booths selling tix to the same vans?

I'm new living here, well been here 20 months and haven't left but have picked friends up at the airport - it's been 3 months since I've been in their and I don't pay the greatest attention to the shuttles.

I think it was early last summer that there was the uproar about shuttles, taxis blocking the airport and Melgar - bunch of noise going on about it. I think that's when the 2nd shuttle company came along - something about them being issued Federal plates (there's some difference in plates down here, I think) - lots of angry people at the time.

The vans are labeled different, Cozumel Shuttle and Flex Shuttle so I assume two companies.

Who owns what, I don't know - I question if the taxi union does because of them blocking the airport but maybe they do and were protesting the second company.....

Being here two years, I'm more confused than when I just came down a few times a year.

Sounds like a direction you really don't want to be going...

If you have Temporary residence, you have to go to immigration before leaving the country - it's like a reverse immigration card - we fill one out to leave and have to have it to return.

If you have Temporary residence, you have to go to immigration before leaving the country - it's like a reverse immigration card - we fill one out to leave and have to have it to return.
Or Permanent resident visa also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom