Shutter and Speed F-stop Help for Strong Ambient Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One other thing. If you are using the ADJ dial on the camera, you are able to preset certain functions in that dial. I use the ISO, + - exposure, pic size, and the white balance. If you are shooting in ambient light you MUST set your white balance. That adj is a very cool feature on this camera and is very simple to use.

Bruce

I have an equipment issue.

If I position the strobe on the floor pointed towards me, set the power to minimum, the selector switch to manual1 and take a flash picture the strobe fires every time and the flash is captured in the picture.

Looking at the front of the camera housing there are two ports for the fiber optic cable. If I attaché the fiber optics cable to the right port the strobe fires every other time, and regardless of the power setting, the strobe appears to be firing at max power. If connect the fiber optic cable to the left port the strobe fires every time and the power setting appears to be functioning nominally. The left port is more centered on the camera flash and the right port is somewhat offset.

Mrlipis, thanks for your feedback regarding the fiber optics cable and the ADJ button white balance adjustment. The information regarding the smaller diameter cable and the right port position correlate very nicely.

My dive shop is most outstanding and I will see what they can do for me. Wish me luck!!

[FONT=&quot]Once again, thanks to everyone else for the input. [/FONT]

While I have had no issues using either the left or right port, since I got the new cable it appears to fit in the right port better than the left. When I was having my issues the strobes fired more consistently on land than under water and that is unexplained to me. The problems you describe are identical to the ones I had. I would prefer and have, a strobe that has more than a couple of power settings and can be adjusted to individual f stops.

BTW there is a Sea and Sea forum that a rep will answer questions but I can almost guarantee your problem lays in the opitcal cable and as a matter of fact if you go search my threads in that forum you will find a reply by Aaron and there is a part number for the larger optical cable. Good luck

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom