Shrinking a latex neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesT:
Is there a simple way to get about half an inch out of a latex neck seal? I noticed a lot of air escaping from my neck whenever I bent my head down too far to look at anything, and I've never had that happen with any other suit I've used.
I hope to have some solution by the weekend, or it's gonna be a cold camping trip. Thanks in advance!

Hey just for this trip you may want to use some eletrical tape around your neck.
I use many diferent kids of dry suit and always have to inprovise the seals with eletrical tape.
Careful, don't put to tide, you don't want have a carotical sinus reflex.

Tuck the seal down inside, that's the way I recommend all my customers start off.
Some folks need to wear the seal standing straight up, others with "no-neck" syndrome need to wear them tucked. :wink:
I always mear mine tucked; that air bubble inside the suit will actually help clamp off the seal.
You'd be surprised at how loose the seal can be w/o leaking.
Having an attached hood helps a lot too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom