Show us your kung-fu skills in trimming out Faber cylinders.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not selling my Worthinngtons lol.

Ahhh this makes sense... and yes i do the same, leave the tank choker on only for entry and exit to take the tank weight whilst on dry land. In water they are removed and the bungee does all the work.

Like you i am not a cave diver either and due to diving mainly cold waters, i've opted for steel tanks too. I've given up bringing one or both forward as the weight of them make it laughable.

For wrecks, the most i'd perhaps do is unclip and bring the cylinder under my body to get through a hole etc.

I think for caves or any diving where there would be any real amount of tank disconnection and moving away from the body, i'd go for Ali's every time as the much more neutral properties are really a requirement for that kind of diving.

Glad you are making good progress..... looks good, keep enjoying it.... :)

is the an advantage to unclip for the choker how does it change there trim

Me with Faber tanks. 500PSI? Will not be happening inside a cave :) We find the Faber LP 85s trim out excellent in the caves and its pretty much what we use for warmer caves. In colder water though you will want heavier tanks or its added weight.

Last edited:
I dive with any tank it's available, must of the time are Al80 and trim well, first 1/3 clip them to waist back drop D ring, them move to the very center front waist drop D ring and still trim even at 300 psi

Last edited:
Me with Faber tanks. 500PSI? Will not be happening inside a cave :) We find the Faber LP 85s trim out excellent in the caves and its pretty much what we use for warmer caves. In colder water though you will want heavier tanks or its added weight.

Ummm I know this tunnel... Why have you completely crushed 1/3rds in a cave?

I think he is saying that 500psi would not be happening in a cave

Ummm I know this tunnel... Why have you completely crushed 1/3rds in a cave?

Watch the whole video :) . Then feel free to comment about gas supply. We had plenty of gas. And yes the comment says 500 PSI will not be happening in a cave... For very good reason...

Mat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom