Show of hands, please.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have toured the island a few times. I like getting away from the AI grind. Eagle Rays is a "must do" for me. Love the food, atmosphere and sunsets on the deck. I have a beautiful sunset shot mounted and framed in my bedroom to look at when it's snowing in Idaho. I love Roatan and love getting out and about. Good luck with the restaurant...hope to meet you when we get there again!

My first dive trip to Roatan was about 14 years ago to Reef House in Oakridge. My husband had been to the island many times over a 20 yr span but that was my first visit. We took an afternoon off from diving to go out with a realtor (via boat) to look at waterfront properties. Hmmmm. You can guess the rest of the story..... <grin>

If you go to Roatan, definitely take the time to explore the island. Hire an English speaking van or taxi driver for at least a half day and have them take you to the west beaches and the eastern communities of Oakridge and Punta Gorda, at a minimum. If time allows, see the whole island or take an air tour in the seaplane. Its based at Fantasy Island, but you don't have to be staying there to go up in it. You can see stingrays, turtles and sharks while cruising over the reef at low altitude.
Marcia

RTBDiver, you mean I can't scuba dive and tan on the beach while my customers serve themselves drinks? DAMN!!! and I'm gonna quit my 15 hour a day banking job? No worries, I'll just hire someone to manage the place and pay 'em with my magic money tree!

Seriously, no worries, I have a Master's in Business, so I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous. .

Just for shots and giggles, how has this masters degree worked out? Is the business open?

We have left our resort many times, love the West End, and toured the beautiful island of Roatan. Love it there!

It would seem this thread is pretty much defunct since the new guys came in, renovated and were all set but for some reason or another apparently bailed out as the lease on the place is listed on the Roatan real estate pages. Maybe someday Snappa will fill us in, yet if he got his 30 million package i won't count on it.

out of date comment withdrawn

Last edited:
We stayed at West Bay Lodge in West Bay for our 14 weeks there in 2008. We rented a jeep for the day and drove around a good portion of the island. We visited French Harbor, and the Iguana Farm. We even made it all the way "back country" to see the Black Pearl Ship as it was being constructed (THAT was quite an adventure!) but it was all allot of fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom