Show me your face SB'ers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

getwet2:
Was the Heineken cold?

Ohh yes, very cold !!!!!!

Next sunday is another open ocean dive, this will be a 3 man team dive with suface floats for each diver, hope weather permits a dive outside the cordillera.!!!!

silvernotch:
yep. i have an '86 notchback that's in the process of being built. i'm putting together a 347 to dump in there
Sweet deal! I think we need some pics of the motor and car!

My rides are in my website in my sig. :)

Mandy3206:
Ohh yes, very cold !!!!!!

Next sunday is another open ocean dive, this will be a 3 man team dive with suface floats for each diver, hope weather permits a dive outside the cordillera.!!!!
I'm not familiar with Puerto Rico, it's on my to do list along with a bunch of other places but I"m guessing that "outside the cordillera" refers to the ocean side of a reef?

Here I am with my furry friend :)

Wow, where'd this long thread come from? I'd a'posted ages ago.

My photo is in my profile, however my hair is currently considerably shorter at the moment, and I mostly play my red Les Paul these days instead of the strat copy pictured. And I have a decent amp now too. :D

cheers

Billy S.

94GTStang:
Sweet deal! I think we need some pics of the motor and car!

My rides are in my website in my sig. :)

here's a pic of the notch when she still had the 4banger in there

pony1.jpg

no motor pics because i don't have one! lol grabbing the block this weekend and i have some misc. crap sitting out in my garage. there's just been SO much stuff lately that i've had to put money towards that the car has been put on the backburner for now. she'll eventually get done but unfortunatly not any time soon :(

silvernotch:
here's a pic of the notch when she still had the 4banger in there

no motor pics because i don't have one! lol grabbing the block this weekend and i have some misc. crap sitting out in my garage. there's just been SO much stuff lately that i've had to put money towards that the car has been put on the backburner for now. she'll eventually get done but unfortunatly not any time soon :(
Lol...
Yea I know about getting distracted. I bought an offroad h pipe for my 04GT three weeks ago and it's still not on. :(

Good luck with the project!

getwet2:
I'm not familiar with Puerto Rico, it's on my to do list along with a bunch of other places but I"m guessing that "outside the cordillera" refers to the ocean side of a reef?

No.

East of PR is St Thomas, and halfway between St Thomas and PR is Culebra.

From the east coast of PR to Culebra, there is a series of small islands or "Cayos" that offer some sort of protection from the open ocean swells comimg from the north, that series of "Cayos" is called "The Cordillera".

North of "The Cordillera", the next place called land is Bermuda.

It's very dificult to dive outside "The Cordillera" unless it's a very calm day.

Last sunday was very calm, swell was 1-2 ft, and the current was mild and the dives were great, season seems to be ending, since I noticed a drop in the visibility, it was about 50 to 60 ft viz.

On a common day, outside "The Cordillera" the swells are over 5-8 ft and the current rips so if you try to dive there, you may miss the spot where you want to dive, not to mention getting back on the boat can be hazardous.

The underwater mounts here have to be reached using GPS or a depth finder, usually the top of the mounts are from 65' to 80' deep, if you miss the mounts, you may end up in the "Praderas" at 100'+ deep and not much to see there.

Not many people dive outside "The Cordillera" since there's no reference points for the captain and divers, so you have to use a surface float (not many divers here want to use them and it's not required by law). Allmost all dives here are conducted south of "The Cordillera" and with the protection of one of the many "Cayos" along it.

If you ever come by, just let me know and I'll see what I can arrange.

Caught napping on a boat this month....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom