Show me your face SB'ers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Rob,....is that from experience, perhaps?

Alas..... You'll have to ask Lightning Fish for the details....and they're pretty embarassing..... :D Let's just say that studying at one of Canada's foremost (at least at the time) computer schools will have you looking for alternative realities where ever you can find them. The ultimate alternative reality is diving, though, so my beer consumption has dwindeld as I fight to keep this body in good enough shape that middle age doesn't pass me on the right while I'm asleep at the wheel........

I'm not sure if hitting 40 is the worst thing or the best thing to happen to me since I left home..... Most of the time it feels like the worst thing.

R..

Diver0001:
Wow. I'm feeling old right now;.... :)

My taste sort of ends at RATM and Tool.... :) Must sound like girly-boy music to you... LOL

R..
Diver0001, don't feel old. Most of the thrash bands he mentioned were from there early/mid 80's. RATM and Tool really wearn't around/popular at the time that most of those bands were having their hay-day. (Besides Metallica, Slayer, And Maiden which are still going strong).

I really like that Genre of thrash as well. I still pop in some DRI, Cryptic Slaughter, Nuclear Assault, Slayer, Exodus, Suicidal Tendencies, etc. from time to time. I have also evolved into newer Death Metal/Speed Metal/Grindcore/Whatever you want to call it. Long live the gods of Speed (Metal)!

Matt

waterbearer:
efae0876.jpg

Rinse after every DIVE.

Ummmm,

I wish I could think of an appropriate Lionel Ritchie song for this!

Diver0001:
Wow. I'm feeling old right now;.... :)

My taste sort of ends at RATM and Tool.... :) Must sound like girly-boy music to you... LOL

R..

Haha, man, mostly all the music I listen to is late 70's-80's, or at least trying to sound like that! Haha, so no need to feel old =P.

EDIT:
Corigan:
Diver0001, don't feel old. Most of the thrash bands he mentioned were from there early/mid 80's. RATM and Tool really wearn't around/popular at the time that most of those bands were having their hay-day. (Besides Metallica, Slayer, And Maiden which are still going strong).

I really like that Genre of thrash as well. I still pop in some DRI, Cryptic Slaughter, Nuclear Assault, Slayer, Exodus, Suicidal Tendencies, etc. from time to time. I have also evolved into newer Death Metal/Speed Metal/Grindcore/Whatever you want to call it. Long live the gods of Speed (Metal)!

Matt

I see somone already said it!

Great taste in music dude.

I listen to some Death and Grind, mostly oldschool (Carcass are the Gods of Grind to me). I listen to lots of Black Metal as well.

Somtime I'm gonna get some underwater-headphones and listen to Black Metal undersea.

Cowabunga! this is the new party thread. Waterbearer, that pic is a classic SB moment. You managed to allienate half the women on this board with that benign little sticking your tongue out and hugging the halcyon product......I thought it was advanced humor if you know the halcyon guys and the ----on they get over their gear vs their women.

Who's jack?....aww, you have to be kidding...Jack Johnson, of course, the sexiest man alive. (except for JB).

That music, well the band names even scare me. I think my house guests from LA were blasting some of that out by my pool by the way the neighbors have suddenly started glaring at me. I am a very mellow person, but everytime I leave town, my place turns in to the high school party pad, I suspect. It took me a while to catch on too....I was like "why in the world are there beer bottles on the bottom of my pool!?" I actually thought the wind had blown them in there somehow....
Then I would be profoundly confused at finding an empty vodka bottle in the bushes.....

I have finally decided something is going on here, when I am not home.---and it could be rock 'n roll and excessive quantities of alcohol The conspiracy must run pretty deep---I almost wonder if the security guys at the gate are on the take.
stay tuned rock stars, I may get one of those nanny cams for the teenagers.

Catherine, you have a pool AND live in Oahu? Let me know when you're out of town, again, and I'd be glad to watch the place for you!

Did I mention my rates are very reasonable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom