Shoulder strap neck seal interference.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arcaporale

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased a Pinnacle Freedom2 drysuit (don't bother looking online you wont find it on their website). Pinnacle Freedom 2 Drysuit Unisex,
Anyways I noticed when doing a checkout dive in the pool that the shoulder straps for my backplate run along over the base of the neck seal. My concern is that over time that the straps will wear through and tear my neck seal. I understand that neck seals do wear out over time and need to be replaced, but I'm afraid that the shoulder straps will tear through the seal long before it's normal lifespan.
Questions:
1. Has anyone else had this issue, is this a common thing that I'm over concerned about, or should I be concerned?
2. I thought about making some neoprene tubes (similar to the comfort pads that you can put on seatbelts) to lace the shoulder straps through to protect from wearing down the neck seal, is this advised? What do the DIR guys have to say about this? (Being 100% DIR isn't important to me, but I value the input regardless.)

-Thanks
Andy

Last edited:
hey their
they do make neoprean harness pads that you can get online places like scuba.com should have them another thing to do is cut the bib off an old hood and make the hole big enuff to get your head through very easly and then glue the bottom of it to your drysuit this will make a neck seal guard if that is where your straps are rubbing
i have seen though that pinnical has some of the most heavy duty seals out their

Back
Top Bottom