Shoulder backup placement.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried it?

People on cdf mostly dive caves in Florida. They don't need gloves.

Benno, Edd puts his in the small of his back. It doesn't flatten down obviously due to the stiff backplate, but for open water diving especially it's not a problem.

13092163_784857631615299_7527903816163111371_n.jpg

not the way I prefer to mount it, but it is an option. I butt mount mine. The light heads are easy to extend, the e/o's not so much....

for backups, the DIR style backup mount works fine for me in gloves and they're out of the way. Picture below. It doesn't clutter up the d-rings any more than it does in backmount. One of the other things I have done though is removed the bolt snap for the bungee and instead tied it in with cave line to the end of a tri-glide. I did it more to get the bungee down on the harness where it is supposed to be than anything, but worked out quite well. Katana is set up this way from the factory, but I converted my nomad over to it

13239361_784857591615303_1840080255549422070_n.jpg

Mine are mounted on the bottom d rings pointing down using inner tube on my sms75. I also have 2 on my helmet, my canister is butt mounted using the crotch strap and the double bracket - it ends up sitting about an inch or two lower then edds when in trim. YMMV

Left side seems comfortable... on the right side, things are pretty tightly packed, and everything is pretty tightly wedged against the tank, so we'll see how it works... providing some support for the canister to keep it locked in place could be a good thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom