Should the Rating a Thread Sys. be removed?

Should the Thread Rating system be disabled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a rating system?

I give it a PG-13.

If you remove the bridge, where will the trolls live? It's all in good fun. Besides, I thought stars represented the epic stuggle between internet good and internet evil? Fight for justice, rate all threads 5s!

I believe they should be killed.... then we can start work on getting rid of all those pesky letters and words.

It shouldn't be difficult for someone with the keys to figure out who is rating everything with 1 star and if it's one or two people, disable their rating access.

If it's not then this is another issue altogether.

nope, you can't do that to just one person, there's nothing in the TOS about it .. how are you going to justify that course of action?

How do I justify it? Well I don't have to justify it, but I think just about would agree that if a member is disrupting the site by ranking every threat with a single star that warrants action. Whether that's a ban, lose of access to the feature, or something else.

The TOS has changed a lot since I was involved but at least a few of the elements I wrote are still there...

The Moderators have the last word in any dispute and are responsible for interpreting the TOS. At their discretion, when they deem it in the best interest of ScubaBoard, they may edit or delete avatars, pictures, posts and threads, and even ban users when necessary.

It's my opinion of the above statement that if a user can be banned from the board, banned from sending pms, banned from posting photos, or banned from a single thread or forum, they can certainly be banned from ranking threads as well.

I'd rather not lose a useful feature because of abuse from a few people, and if the abuse can be stopped that seems like the logical course of action. Think of it this way -- if someone was spamming every forum, the mods would stop them, they wouldn't turn the forums off. Of course the rankings could be something hundreds of people are legitimately doing, in which case my idea doesn't apply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom