Should I haul my gear across the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

November is the beginning of high season, so most of the usual dive charters will be pretty full. Given that, I've been with All4Diving on a couple trips and been happy with them. I've also heard good things about Scuba Cat. Both have offices in Patong Beach. Another good dive op is Barrakuda on Phi Phi Island. So far my favorite liveaboard for the Similan Islands is the Pawara, which is operated by West Coast Divers.

I haven't had any issues with theft. I've left lots of nice dive gear in my room, but I stash the computers out of sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bring things that matter:
- mask
- computer
- regs
for 4 days (8 dives?) in warm water you can suck it up for the rest of the stuff that you left a home.

For 3-4 dives that may be a good compromise. I'd add fins and snorkel so you can do some snorkeling with your own gear.

November is the beginning of high season, so most of the usual dive charters will be pretty full. Given that, I've been with All4Diving on a couple trips and been happy with them. I've also heard good things about Scuba Cat. Both have offices in Patong Beach. Another good dive op is Barrakuda on Phi Phi Island. So far my favorite liveaboard for the Similan Islands is the Pawara, which is operated by West Coast Divers.

I haven't had any issues with theft. I've left lots of nice dive gear in my room, but I stash the computers out of sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool, appreciate the advice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom