Should I bring my own diving equipment ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G~Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Should I bring my own diving equipment with me ? I know for sure I'm going to bring my mask, snorkel and diving computer. What about the reg. ? can i trust the equipment I rent on the Philippines?

G~Diver:
Should I bring my own diving equipment with me ? I know for sure I'm going to bring my mask, snorkel and diving computer. What about the reg. ? can i trust the equipment I rent on the Philippines?

where in the country do you plan to dive? any particular dive op you have communicated with?

G~Diver:
the equiptment in the Philippines is the same as anywhere else. If you dive with an established shop, the equiptment may be newer, and well maintained. Scuba World has shops in most of the popular dive areas,(Puerto Galera, Dumagete,Boracay). They have a web site, www.scubaworld.com.ph look them up. there are many other shops in all locations. I dove through Action divers in Puerto Galera; Aquarius, in Boracay; stay away fro Rosie's in Dumagete, My wife had a bad expierence with them, and their equiptment looked old.
Research your destination first, ask in this forum for any expierences with dive shops.
Weight restrictions are more generous fro travel to the Philippines than the Carribean, 70 lb for the Philippines, 50 lbs for the Carribean.
Full equiptment rental in the Philippines can be only $5 per dive.
YOUR CHOICE!
You WILL have a great time, make sure you post a report when you get back home, pic's would be nice.:D

I'm planing to visit: Malapascua, Panglao, Dumaguete (Apo island) and Coron
1. Any recommended dive operators/Guesthouse on those places ?
2. In order to dive on Apo island, should I stay on Dumaguete or on Apo island (is it worth the cost and the effort to stay on Apo island?).
(I'm flying next week for 3 weeks)

I highly recommend Sea Explorers. I just used their operation in Bohol. They are clean, professional and friendly. They won't bring more than 4 dives per divemaster.

They also have office in Malapascua and Dumaguete (Apo island).

better if you stay in dauin in dumaguete than apo island. limited fresh water in apo island. anyway, its just a 30 minute boat ride away from dauin.

Back
Top Bottom