Question Should all Liveaboard offers on SB be required to post in Classifieds section ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Umuntu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Question is for the Mods:

We seem to be bombarded with Liveaboard companies using Scubaboard as a free advertising platform. Many of these companies are not active participants on SB and wouldn’t otherwise be eligible to post to classifieds.

At a minimum these Liveaboards should be required to pay to advertise their services on SB. SB needs the revenue.

Thanks for your concern!

Yes, we do need the revenue. Advertising can be pretty inexpensive too. If they read this and want to know more, email me with "Advertising" in the about line. NetDoc@ScubaBoard.com I also invite them to become a business sponsor if nothing else. Supporting our community is a great way to show your potential clients that you care!

We don't have enough traffic to warrant a separate classifieds section in any of our regional sub-forums. Consequently, we allow and even encourage them in those sub-forums. However, one of our most effective forums is our "Hot Deals", and they can't post in there unless they are a Business Sponsor.

Question is for the Mods:

We seem to be bombarded with Liveaboard companies using Scubaboard as a free advertising platform.
I did a search for "liveaboard" and in two pages of results I found just two such postings. Although I AGREE WITH YOUR SENTIMENT, I'm not sure where "bombarded" comes from....

Thanks for your concern!

Yes, we do need the revenue. Advertising can be pretty inexpensive too. If they read this and want to know more, email me with "Advertising" in the about line. NetDoc@ScubaBoard.com I also invite them to become a business sponsor if nothing else. Supporting our community is a great way to show your potential clients that you care!

We don't have enough traffic to warrant a separate classifieds section in any of our regional sub-forums. Consequently, we allow and even encourage them in those sub-forums. However, one of our most effective forums is our "Hot Deals", and they can't post in there unless they are a Business Sponsor.
I have sent a couple of messages asking how to get my sponsor payment reinstated. I did have an auto-PayPay set up but I must have expired. I am more than glad to support SB if you tell me how I can get you $$$.

However, one of our most effective forums is our "Hot Deals", and they can't post in there unless they are a Business Sponsor.

Perhaps all Liveaboard listings should only be available to Business Sponsors. Scubaboard provides access to their target market. They have to pay for advertising in Scuba magazines, why shouldn’t they pay on Scubaboard too ?

I have sent a couple of messages asking how to get my sponsor payment reinstated. I did have an auto-PayPay set up but I must have expired. I am more than glad to support SB if you tell me how I can get you $$$.
Go to your account. Go to account upgrade. Paypal is your friend.

1728078665671.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom