Shortening a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sasquatch:
I would think that her glove gauntlets would take care of the loose wrist seals.

Just a thought.

Thought of that but they are just a little too loose to get the gloves over easliy, so if we tighten the even slightly it will make a big difference.

I would say buy a new wet suits keep the old one for necessary. :wink:
scubaaaronh:
Because she is loosing weight and it wont fit her in a year and we got this suit next to nothing. So we figured make this one work and buy a new one in a year or two when she gets to the weight she wants to be again.

Jason Ooi:
I would say buy a new wet suits keep the old one for necessary. :wink:

Why would i pay three or four hundred dollars for a suit and toss it in a year when she looses weight and it is too big ? makes no sense to me when i have a suit that i have three hours of my time and about fifty bucks in to it. I will buy her a new suit when she attains the weight she wants to be at.

It now fits her like a glove and i am waiting on the cement to finish drying. I added a couple more pics of the finished sleeves. It came out pretty good the aquaseal is on the inside of the sleeve so it is less noticeable. It may not be a professional finish but at least my wife is happy with the way it fits now and that is all that matters to her. And the nice thing is i dont have a lot into the project and she has a 7mm two piece suit that fits well.

CAPT HOOK:
She glued the seams and then stitched for extra strength.
Used an old Singer treadle machine; will sew just about anything!

I didnt think of the old sewing machine we have my grandmas old tredle machine we could have used. We used seal cement on the seams then stitched by hand and top coated lightly with aquaseal. Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom