Short trip to Cancun/Playa Del Carmen - Need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to use Playa Scuba Divers. Their 3days package includes Cozumel (ferry not included), Playa Del Carmen, and Cenotes w lunch $220.

MMM already posted my tutorial on using the ADO bus to get to Playa del Carmen. Look up whale sharks to see if that is worth your time. Personally, whale sharks are more exciting than cenotes.

One whale shark op of several is below:

onislamujeres.com

Thanks for the input. I am still trying to decide exactly what to do - one day of Cenote diving and two days of diving in Cozumel or all three days of diving in Cozumel. I know who we will use in Cozumel but I am trying to decide if the Cenotes are worth it or not. I am a little nervous about it because I read on the board about the robbery there. Any suggestions?

Also, what about driving in Mexico, what is it like? We will be flying into Cancun and will need to get down to PDC and the ferry to take us over to Cozumel. I did find Cancun Shuttle that seems somewhat reasonable but a rental car is even cheaper but we are not sure if we want to chance driving. Any advice would be appreciated. I haven't picked a hotel yet but I think in Cozumel it will be Allegro Cozumel or Occidental Grand because our dive operator can pick us right up from there.

Thanks for all the help.

cruzbound

Diving the cenotes is a great experience that you will want to do again! Driving is not a problem, but parking is definitely. The ADO buses, which are big AC tourist buses, are rarely crowded, $10/one way, and take you to PDC a block from the ferry landing. We've stayed at Hotel Cielo Hotel Cielo Official web site - Playa del Carmen Hotel, Riviera Maya Mexico, right off the beach, down 5th Ave. from bus stop, easy greasy. If you want to go to Cozumel, the ferry is back a few blocks, easy greasy. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom