Short Sipalay and Dauin trip report....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_2881.JPG

The frog fish pair from "madmax", black and hard to shoot but I loved trying to get them both represented and the sunball.

I have rarely met any of the unadventerous American travellers you speak of :wink:.
(do not) Try Lembeh Resort, you 'll see the ones I mean... :tired: .

I'm not sure that might be an explanation :
- I dived Sipalay with Easy diving, they had local guides except for the manager and the odd german instructor, the one with a moustache, black speedoes and a beer in hand.
- Easy diving exclusively catered for european clients at the time stayed there.
Usually european tourists are a little more adventurous than americans, they can live wherever there is no aircon (don't they Bill? private joke that Bill won't even read) I would rather say american aimed resorts tend to have more gringo guides and overheads.

My feeling is that a dive centre centre in the Phils with no local guide is not a dive center I would recommend.
Takatuka is the only resort I've dived with that did not have local guides--I would rather dive with the locals any day than with "gringos". I did see quite a few "gringo" guides in Boracay a few years back but they had a much higher ratio of "gringo" diving there than the other places I've dived. As far as Europeans being a bit more adventurous--that's in the eyes of the beholder.

As far as Europeans being a bit more adventurous--that's in the eyes of the beholder.
Want some facts?
Can you name american owned dive centers in the remotest dive places in Indonesia like Alor, Maluku (other than mainstream Ambon), Maumere, Kalimantan, Selayar while they abound in Manado and Bali? If you even check N/sulawesi american divers will mostly congregate on Lembeh while there will be few in Bangka (6 times there in 12 years span, never ever seen an american diver).
Take the Philippines, Ameirican dive centres are all in Puerto Galera, Anilao or Dauin, if you go further like Sipalay, South leyte, Pandan island or small places around Bohol outside Alona they're all either european or Oz.

I am afraid I have to generalize the term "German speaking".
Sipalay do attract large number of "German speaking" divers.
Artistic is Swiss management. Pinoy's DM/instructor only.

Back
Top Bottom