Short notice... going tomorrow...Any list of restaurants for Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@divematt you're probably back by now, as we are--just got back last night. Where did you end up eating?

We cooked most of our meals, but we did manage to eat a couple of dinners out at Osaka and La Terrazza, as well as lunches at the venerable Maiky Snack and the new-ish doner kebab place, Doner Station (across the street from Between 2 Buns). The doner was as good as any I have had in Europe--totally impressed. Doner Station was a spur-of-the-moment substitute for Grace Place Surinamese takeout because the sign on their door indicated they were closed for a vacation.

Check Trip Advisor
Nothing is really "Cheap", but there are some excellent selections....in order of expense (all great food)
Kite City food truck
Iguana Blue Food truck
Between Two buns
Eddy's
Hangout beach bar (table BBQ!!!)
Mezze

We spent as much on the last 3 as we did on all other meals we cooked combined
Details on the last 3 here: Bonaire trip report and "How to"

For lunch, all three food trucks south of Kralendijk (Kite City, Cactus Blue, and King Kong) are good, with my personal favourite being Cactus Blue. North of town, 'Between two buns' is good. In Rincon, Posada Para Mira is definitely something to try if you want to try Iguana or goat stew (*lots* of bones tho for the iguana stew). For dinner, there's a good selection, with La Terrazza being my favourite.

For icecream... I found Luciano's to be better than Gio's, both in downtown Kralendijk.

Cactus Blue food truck - Fabulous burger! Enjoy with a beautiful view, along the waterfront just south of the airport.
Mi Banana - Caribbean, latin, local, great seafood. Rustic atmosphere.
Donna & Georgio's - Very good! Nice atmosphere for a nice dinner.
Between 2 Buns - lots of great dishes! Great for lunch.
Cuba Compagnie - downtown near the waterfront, very good food. Good dinner choice.
Patagonia - darn good grilled seafood, steaks, a little pasta.
Posada Para Mira - Don't Miss! Near Rincon. Very good local food.
Eddy's Bar & Restaurant - pretty good food, has musicians playing frequently.
Dive Bar - along the waterfront just north of downtown, looks like only a bar but darn good food as cheap as anywhere. Lots of locals get carry-out or delivery from here. $10 lunch special.

Have fun!

For icecream... I found Luciano's to be better than Gio's, both in downtown Kralendijk.

Really? I much prefer Gio's. I seem to recall they had several more flavors (their extra dark chocolate gelato is insane). The last thing I had at Luciano's was a "milkshake" that was staggeringly dissapointing though, so that could be clouding my judgement. Luciano's definitely wins in the "view" department.

This won't help the OP on short notice but the past few times on Bonaire we have been going to Exito's Bakery in town for lunch. They have a buffet of local food and make up sandwiches to order similar to Between Two Buns. The tuna and crab salad sandwiches are IMO, as good as Between Two Buns and much quicker service. They have a few hot dishes on their buffet that we have not tried yet, but that seemed to be what the locals were having. We chanced on this place a few years ago when wandering through town.

Really? I much prefer Gio's. I seem to recall they had several more flavors (their extra dark chocolate gelato is insane). The last thing I had at Luciano's was a "milkshake" that was staggeringly dissapointing though, so that could be clouding my judgement. Luciano's definitely wins in the "view" department.
Yes, really. Gio's is the old favourite, but Luciano's flavours are much more delicate (in a good way), and there's far less ice crystals in it (at least, over the period I lived there). Not that I'd object going to Gio's, but I'd prefer to go to Luciano's.

Back
Top Bottom