Short Liveaboard trip to similians

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

patamus

Reaction score
Howdy guys,
I am leaving for Phuket in 2 week and I was wondering if I should book a live aboard before I go of if I can get a better deal once I get there. I am looking at doing a short trip and I was thinking of doing 1 or 2 nights on the Siam 2? I think. Any info would be grately appreciated.

South Siam 3 for short trips, on 4 you can do 3 days/2 nights.

Won't make much difference, there are no last minute discounts for these boats.

If possible, consider doing a 4 days/4 nights trip. More relaxing, better divesites, and here you will be able to find last minute offers.

I was thinking of extending the stay but I am traveling with a non diver and I'm not sure he would want to be out to see for more than a couple of days. Thanks for the info though. do your shop have any discounted 4 day trips leaving between april the 8-13th?

I took the short trip South Siam however, I will never do that again; if I book it will be longer to avoid the cattle scuba atmosphere. During our short two night trip everyone was rushed and we cringed everytime a speedboat arrived to drop off more divers on the main boat. I would have had a better time on land.

stevenl:
Yes, it can be very busy, but that won't be an issue in 2 weeks time.

No last minutes yet, you still have 2 weeks, but I'm sure some will come.

Hey Steven,
I went a couple years back in April the seas were CRAZY on the way out! the speed boat was a rough ride on the way to the main boat. People were vomiting and getting very sick; there was three people who once arrived could not even dive. Do you guys warn people about the rough seas in April? I know that the season is ending soon. This is why in a couple weeks time it will not be busy because of the rough seas and the season is ending. It took us around two hours to get to the main diving boat. If someone gets sick and cannot dive do they get a refund? Just wondering because we were not warned and two people in my party could not dive at all; they did take motion sickness meds as well.

I'm curious I though the high season went through april so I would have thought the high seas and rain would be from may-october? HOW will the weather and Seas be in early april?

patamus:
I'm curious I though the high season went through april so I would have thought the high seas and rain would be from may-october? HOW will the weather and Seas be in early april?

I was there the last week of April and it was very bad. We were told that our trip was the last one of the season. In my opinion, the last trip should have been sooner. It was not enjoyable at all. I wish that the dive op disclosed this to us before the trip. This is why in a couple weeks time it will not "be busy". If I were you I would not book the trip. A couple of people on the main boat fell and one broke his nose on the ladder getting out of the water. IMO it is not safe and you will be greatly disapointed. If you have a bad experience they will not even entertain the idea of a refund rather you dive or not. There was minimal assistance from the staff on the boat they tend to yell at people rushing them. They want you to dive real fast throw-down the money and get you out of their way. Take my advise or leave it however, you are for-warned.

Well it's already to late I booked a couple of weeks ago. I quess I'll have to just hope for the best.

patamus:
Well it's already to late I booked a couple of weeks ago. I quess I'll have to just hope for the best.

Hey bud I wish you the best honestly. I hope that your experience is better than mine. Be careful and good luck. Let me know how it goes when you get back...Remember never be afraid to call a dive and use your common sense. You may luck out who knows.

Back
Top Bottom