Shore Diving in the Cayman's with 14 yo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We visited Cobalt Coast in June 2010 and enjoyed the trip.
We did both boat and shore dives each day.
The boats are on a schedule, and might not be what you prefer.
The shore dives at Cobalt Coast and Lighthouse point were great.
We did not go out to the main wall, so our surface swim was not long.
Check out the Divetech website for more information.
Enjoy your trip.

Wrong. There is a ton of shore diving in Little Cayman...

Nipi is dead right. Several years ago I set out to write an on-line guide to shore diving on Little Cayman, then dropped the project. What I did is still useful, though, and can be found at Shore Diver.

I'll be there Jan 11 - Feb 16, shore diving every day, and will clear all the trails and access roads once again. I have to do it every winter when I go down to get in some serious tropical water diving.

Bruce

and will clear all the trails and access roads once again.

Bruce - we were over last weekend & dived the Soto Trader & Cumber's Caves/Bus Stop. We also did what I think are Windsock Reef/Black Hole in Preston Bay accessed by the track off the runway almost opposite the windsock that was put in when the tug grounded - the far end of that track could do with some machete work, if you're in that area ... Great dive by the way - big nurse shark & 3 reef sharks.

Nipi is dead right. Several years ago I set out to write an on-line guide to shore diving on Little Cayman, then dropped the project. What I did is still useful, though, and can be found at Shore Diver.

I'll be there Jan 11 - Feb 16, shore diving every day, and will clear all the trails and access roads once again. I have to do it every winter when I go down to get in some serious tropical water diving.

Bruce

Thanks to both you and Nipi! This is quite interesting. I've been thinking of Litle Cayman for a long time but lack of shore diving (the way it is described in books) was a major turn-off. I may reconsider now. What about shore diving at Cayman Brack?

BTW, I could never figure out why I do see the "THANKS" button under some posts, but I do not see it under other posts.

Last edited:
Do they rent tanks for unlimited shore diving?

Yes - we rented tanks & weights. Cannot confirm unlimited as we only rented one each but I would hope that they would.

OK I will call them and ask. What about a resort with a nice home reef for shore diving in Brac? Are there any?

Back
Top Bottom