Shore diving in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you shore dive TR/ Macabuca at nite, the bartenders will keep your keys for you. Folks usually give them a couple $ or a brownie or two as payment.:wink: Todd, Phil, Tanner , and now Chloe as well are absolutely great about helping divers out! Other sites, you might look for hidey holes, or perhaps ask your rental car agency for a valet key as well!

Ok thanks for that tip. Just really different diving than we are used to. So appreciate the insights. Wallets and stuff just stay in like a locked glove compartment or something?

I leave my keys in the dive shop.

Just like at the front desk or do they have lockers?

Grand Cayman has really low crime rates. As long as you don't have anything obviously valuable in your car then it's not going to get broken in to (it may not get broken in to even if you DO have something valuable).

And leave the keys at the front desk.

Alucard, the crime rate may be low but not zero. A lot of people suffered during Covid and I would think the likelihood of petty theft would be up. Why tempt the fates by leaving anything of value in a parked car, on Cayman or at home?

The only place in the world that the crime rate is zero is where there aren't any humans :)

I talked to a lot of locals during my trip and nobody mentioned petty theft being up.

Back
Top Bottom