Shore Diving Cozumel and Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cedeluxe

New
Reaction score
I lived in the Cayman Islands for a couple years and did a lot of shore dives. I enjoy being on my own and at my own pace, plus I am definitely on a budget. I will be going to Cancun in a couple of weeks and am looking to get out and dive. Anyone know of any good shore dives in Cozumel or Isla Mujeres and, if so, where to rent a tank. Thanks.

Take the $1.65 ferry out of Puerto Juarez, go to Isla and then to the tourist area/warf, the fishing boats will take you out with tanks for a very reasonable price, like 30-40$ for a two tank dive....its a bit of a hump to try and shore dive from Cancun.... and the place where the tanks are on the island is about 4 miles from the southern point of the island where you want to dive........For the true "budget minded" it beats the 65-90$ fee from the big boys, just don't be too concerned with certification agencies( there are not any on the cheap ones), Dive masters or the other nicesties, like insurance and if the boat will be around when you come up....

Back
Top Bottom