shore diving CABO Nov 13-19 anybody?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi there;
I was thinking about doing some shore diving at Chileano Bay near Cabo San Lucas sometime in the week of Nov 13 through 19th. I will do some boat diving too and go to Cabo Pulmo but wanted to try shore diving just for a change. I haven't done a shore dive in Cabo before but have been told that they rent tanks and weights on the beach (Chileano) at Cabo Aquadeportes. Anybody going to be in the area interested in buddying up?
Chocoholic :crafty:

Now, if you're talking May 22-June 4'05...

Yes, Cabo Acuadeportes rents tanks, belts, etc. at Playa Chileno (about km 14 on the transpeninsular). It's an abrupt turnoff if you're driving a car.

hdtran:
Now, if you're talking May 22-June 4'05...

Yes, Cabo Acuadeportes rents tanks, belts, etc. at Playa Chileno (about km 14 on the transpeninsular). It's an abrupt turnoff if you're driving a car.

Do you happen to know if anyone rents tanks and stuff at Playa Santa Maria?
thanks

There's occassional outfitters who do expeditions to Santa Maria, and will rent the extra kayak or so when they're at Santa Maria. But not dive stuff for shore diving, I don't think.

IMO, Chileno is both better snorkeling and probably better scuba. Not as well sheltered as Santa Maria, though. If the wind or current is up, Chileno is going to be a bit rougher than Santa Maria. Santa Maria is almost a perfect sheltered semicircle.

If you're up for a long swim, you can swim from Chileno over to Santa Maria. (Mind you, it will be a *long* swim, like nearly a mile).

hdtran:
There's occassional outfitters who do expeditions to Santa Maria, and will rent the extra kayak or so when they're at Santa Maria. But not dive stuff for shore diving, I don't think.

IMO, Chileno is both better snorkeling and probably better scuba. Not as well sheltered as Santa Maria, though. If the wind or current is up, Chileno is going to be a bit rougher than Santa Maria. Santa Maria is almost a perfect sheltered semicircle.

If you're up for a long swim, you can swim from Chileno over to Santa Maria. (Mind you, it will be a *long* swim, like nearly a mile).

I dove Santa Maria from a boat before and it was pretty good, supposed to see a turtle or two but never did. We have a car so I might dive Santa Maria first cause it is sheltered and then Chileno. Also a dive trip to Cabo Pulmo but from a boat. Can't wait. Thanks for info :dazzler1:

Can't wait a week and a half til we go to Cabo. Will boat dive with Amigos del Mar but trying to talk somebody into shorediving. :dazzler1:

I'd be willing to buddy up but am flying out on the 13th. Come a week earlier and we can hook up. I am interested in doing some shore diving in addition to the boat dives I'm planning. Are you pretty familiar with the area? Any other recommended shore dive locations?

Thanks.

Chocoholic:
hi there;
I was thinking about doing some shore diving at Chileano Bay near Cabo San Lucas sometime in the week of Nov 13 through 19th. I will do some boat diving too and go to Cabo Pulmo but wanted to try shore diving just for a change. I haven't done a shore dive in Cabo before but have been told that they rent tanks and weights on the beach (Chileano) at Cabo Aquadeportes. Anybody going to be in the area interested in buddying up?
Chocoholic :crafty:

R.V.:
I'd be willing to buddy up but am flying out on the 13th. Come a week earlier and we can hook up. I am interested in doing some shore diving in addition to the boat dives I'm planning. Are you pretty familiar with the area? Any other recommended shore dive locations?

Thanks.
I haven't done any shore diving in Cabo yet, just boat diving. I've heard good things about Santa Maria and Chileno but they are quite shallow. Three more days til lift off, can't wait. Oh, my digital camera housing never arrived so no pictures this time. But I'll do a dive report, especially if I get to go to Cabo Pulmo. :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom