Shore Diving near Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello! I'm going to be traveling to Cabo in December, would like to do some diving with my family. I'm a public safety diver and divemaster, and enjoy being able to take my own time diving with my kids. For that reason, as well as the obvious cost of doing multiple dives with a family of 5, I would very much like to find some shore diving options that we can do on our own. The problem is, we don't know the area, so we have no idea where to go, and there's not much info available online. We have our own gear, but would like rent tanks.

Is there any shore diving around Cabo? Does anyone rents tanks?

Thank you!

Ted

Hello! I'm going to be traveling to Cabo in December, would like to do some diving with my family. I'm a public safety diver and divemaster, and enjoy being able to take my own time diving with my kids. For that reason, as well as the obvious cost of doing multiple dives with a family of 5, I would very much like to find some shore diving options that we can do on our own. The problem is, we don't know the area, so we have no idea where to go, and there's not much info available online. We have our own gear, but would like rent tanks.

Is there any shore diving around Cabo? Does anyone rents tanks?

Thank you!

Ted

We just got back from our third trip to Cabo, diving each time with Manta Scuba.

We’ve only done boat diving with them.

This past trip in late October, we took an opportunity to snorkel around Cannery Beach.

I have to admit that it wasn’t a diving-type location and candidly we didn’t investigate acquiring tanks.

The biggest issue, to me, with regard to shore diving is the volume of boats coming in and out of the marina, especially if there is a cruise ship in port.

The combination of tenders and water taxis makes that area dangerous for shore diving.

I’d suggest you check with a dive operator to see if they will give you some type of deal for multiple boat dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom