Shore Diving at South Padre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences they can share with me about shore diving at South Padre Island? I have a friend that is coming down to visit in a few weeks and she has access to a condo near the beach, but she doesn't dive. I have already printed out some info from www.sandslave.com/scubaspi/, but I was wondering how difficult it is to find people to dive with down there. Any information you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

I've already PM'd a few of the swampers for info, so this is mainly going out to any of the rest of you that I haven't contacted.

Thanks so much,

Ken

does not appear to have the dive business to warrant many charters, and they have to go out pretty far. When I was checking on going down there earlier this year the best prices (still expensive) I found were from Scuba Shack that is on the sandslave page. I e-mailed them and got a quote of $100 a trip, weekends only. Not enough business to do trips during the week. I ended up not going, as the trip was going to cost within $50 of going to Coz. Which one do you think I chose? :D

The only thing I've heard on shore diving is pretty much what's on the sandslave site. Don't have a clue on finding a dive buddy. If you go let me know what you find out, I have relatives in Corpus I may go see some time.

Back
Top Bottom