Shore Dives within 10 miles of Waikiki?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy8876

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm trying to find places to do shore night dives within 10 miles of Waikiki. Driving to the North shore twice a week is a killer both on time and gas.

Any suggestions on where to go and where are good places to park?

Point Panic in Kakaako Park, there is a stairway to get in and out of the water on the South side of the park. The only thing you have to watch out for is a large south swell, it makes it difficult to get in and out. Surface swim about half way out to the bouy and drop down, I am not sure of the compass bearing to the pipe but you can do a large loop and come out at the stairs at the North end of the park or go back the same way you started. There is a parking lot right beside John Dominis restaurant.

Check out the www.sealancers.org website. The Oahu Shore Diving link has a couple of the more popular sites.

With enough motovation anything can be a shore dive....just ask Onfloat.

onfloat:
That's right, they're all shore dives!!:wink:

That's right - don't you do Makaha Caverns as a shore dive too?

You ever see any divers from a boat shaking their head in wonderment at you while doing a surface swim? :wink:

I didn't know any boats went out there...always did it as a shore dive.

Magic Island was nice the few times I have dove there, both day diving and night. They close down down though at 10p.m. I believe. What about Blowhole as well. That is a nice night dive.

chepar:
That's right - don't you do Makaha Caverns as a shore dive too?

You ever see any divers from a boat shaking their head in wonderment at you while doing a surface swim? :wink:

I even tried to do the Sea Tiger as a shore dive once, when I first got here. Turned out the guy that gave us the info on the location was just a little off on the distance.:shakehead But what can I say he was right there swimming next to us. That did get a couple of boats attention. They wondered where in the heck we were going.

I think I actually get more stares from the drysuit than anything.

Now once I get my hands on an X-Scooter it really will be all shore dives.:D

Don't forget you need a buddy with an X-scooter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom