Shore Dives in Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on the south side of the bay you will find some large rock pilers in a area called mismaloya this is where allot of boats will take you to from Puerto its about 45 min to the south side of the bay from down town Puerto. it may be difficult to get a good price on tanks, I rented some from a dive shop on the main road in Puerto run by some finish or dutch guys, I payed 5 bucks a tank for 24hrs, this was the best deal in town they were right down the street from the delfines hemelos dive shop by the bull ring. this would be to the south. good luck.

Hi,
Even though Puerto Vallarta in not known for its shore diving, there are a couple of alternatives that I can suggest:
One is Mismaloya, as mentioned in the previous postings.
The other is right accross from Los Arcos, just before you get to Mismaloya. This is a more adventursome option, as it requires climbing down the mountain some 100 feet after parking next to the highway. This is only recommended during the summer and fall months when the ocean is calm, as you can get some pretty strong waves breaking at the beach during other times. I'll recommend to do this dive conservateivly, since if you need assistance you'll have to rely on the good-will of one of the many boats traveling in the area, as there's usually nobode else at the rocky beach where you'll be diving from.
By the way, our dive shop is located in the Marina, in case you need any assistance with your boat dives.
Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom