Shore Dive Sites on Cape Cod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davilo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi:

I'm looking for some shore dives mid-Cape around Yarmouth, Dennis. My son just got his certification and I'd like to get some suggestions for beginner dives for him and I. Hoping some have great suggestions as I normally dive Sandwich Town Beach.

Thanks in advance and for your help.

-David

My wife and kids are at my in-laws in Dennis Port for the summer and I have been going down on weekends w/ my gear. I usually do Garbage Beach, Hathaways Pond or STB. There really isn't much in Dennis except for Corporation Beach. You want to get it at high tide and go early AM (before crowds show up) I once dove off Sesuit beach (left of Rock jetty) Again, need to dive at high tide. Both are very uneventful dives but will do the trick.

Thanks.....doesn't seem like a lot. I think I'll try Corporation Beach. Do you know if its possible to dive the ocean side of Yarmouth? Shouldn't there be some sealife around there....lobsters or something?

Thanks,
-David

only one way to find out!

If you dive Corporation, check w/ life guards if during the day and a lot of beach goers. Some of the Dennis beaches have rules on diving in swimming areas. I know it's OK as have seen many of divers going in and out of water when we were at the beach. You ideally want a parking spot on lower end lot which would mean going early or end of day.

Give Hathaway's Pond in Barnstable a try.

Off the main beach there is a sunken car and tractor. By the little area on the right is a skills platform with a statue (I think of the virgin Mary).

Straight out from the main beach, almost to the other side of the pond, is a 30 foot boat in 25' that was sunk as a training aid.

It's a very easy dive in fresh water, good temps, and if you go early it's virtually deserted. I use the pond often for trying new gear or just to get in the water for a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom