Shore dive cleanup at Ft Desoto Bay Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Tampa Bay Florida March 15 Dive Against Debris | Project AWARE

This is a shore dive cleanup at Ft Desoto Bay Pier to support Tampa Bay Watch’s Great American Cleanup 2014 cleanup.

Ft Desoto Bay Pier, St Petersburg, Florida 3500 Pinellas Bayway S

St Petersburg, FL 33715 United States

27° 36' 55.4616" N, 82° 43' 33.366" W

See map: Google Maps

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 05:00 - 09:00 Volunteer needed for this event include:

Divers - All divers must be Advanced Open Water certified with at least 15 open water dives in their logbook. On the day of the dive cleanup, dive volunteers must submit their signed liability form (will be sent separately with Dive Plan). Diver/surface marker buoys are required for this dive event.
Kayaks/canoes – Volunteers with kayaks or paddleboards will support the divers in the water.
Safety observers
– Need pier and shore safety observers.
Shore safety observers - will assist divers in and out of the water.
Data collectors
- Document debris collected for submission to Ocean Conservancy’s Marine Debris Index

EVENT LOCATION: Ft Desoto Bay Pier 3500 Pinellas Bayway S, St Petersburg, FL 33715

EVENT DATE/TIME: Saturday, March 15, 2014 from 0800-1200. The Safety Brief will be at 8:30am.

I'm not affiliated with these guys, but I want to do this. I need a buddy, as my usual buddies have declined. Anyone want to do it?

I have emailed them but they haven't sent the dive plan yet.

Closest NOAA buoy puts water temp at 70.5f right now.

Attachments

• Dive Waiver- 3-15-14 Ft De Soto Cleanup.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 2014 Great American Cleanup - Ft Desoto Info Sheet.pdf
    323.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Additional information I saw on the flyer after contacting these guys:

Tanks and Dive Gear:
Scott Lucci (World of Water, Incorporated), Anette Monroe (Gulfport Dive Center), and Al
Jeffrey (Scuba Quest) has graciously offered to provide tanks (or air) and dive gear for those
who need it (based on availability).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom