Shore dive CABO Sept 1 thru 9 anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be in Cabo from August 31st til September 10th and I am looking to do some shore diving, need a buddy. I usually dive with Amigos del Mar and I will dive with them also but I want to shore dive Chileano Bay or Santa Maria. I snorkeled there last September and it was awesome. I know I will have to haul my gear a ways but it would be so worth it. Plus it's only $12 for a tank and $5 for weights from Amigos del Mar. Is anyone going to be there?
chocoholic :14:

Darn it, we won't be there until the 12th. Sorry!

Have fun, anyway, though!

We usually rent a car so I can ferry my stuff to Chileano or Santa Maria. Thinking back it was quite a hike to the beach from the parking lot at Santa Maria but much less so to Chileano so that is where i am thinking of going.

Just wondering if anyone will be in the area first part of September? Anyone for a shore dive? Choco

Have you dived in Cabo in September, before? I'm curious as to what the diving's like that time of year.

Sorry we're going to miss you, down there!

Jcsgt:
Have you dived in Cabo in September, before? I'm curious as to what the diving's like that time of year.

Sorry we're going to miss you, down there!
Yes, we have a timeshare for Labour Day week, and love Cabo then. The water is pretty warm then (for Cabo) the visibility is just ok 50 - 70 feet, lots of particulate matter floating around. The weather is hot and kinda muggy and two years running they closed the boat harbour due to bad weather for at least a day while we were there.:14:

Dive Report Sep 1 - 6 2005
I dove for five days with Amigos Del Mar in Cabo San Lucas. One day we went to Cabo Pulmo. The boat that Amigos uses is a wide, stable catamaran with lots of room for stowage, a head, and a dive platform. The water was warm 80 degrees and relatively calm with some surge in areas. The visiblility was just ok, probably 50 feet at the best. We saw Mantas, Mobila, an eagle ray, bull’s eye ray and Stingrays. I saw a whole bunch of rays flying overhead near Neptune’s Finger, the DM called them Mantas. I saw quite a few fish, lots of different colours, lots of green eels, moray eels, a zebra eel, porcupine fish, Moorish idols, grunts, little barracudas, lobsters, parrotfish, goat fish, sea lions, an arrow crab and many others I can’t name yet, also nudibranchs and several sea horses too. We also got into a huge school of jacks, and they swirled around us for some time. The two black tip reef sharks that used to hang out near Pelican Rock were fished out according to the DM. The same DM swears they saw a whale shark in the bay earlier in the summer.
The fish at Cabo Pulmo were huge, mostly the same types of fish as in Cabo San Lucas but much bigger, and loads of eels, porcupine fish and jacks. We did drift dives in Cabo Pulmo since it had a current running, we had to stay along a ledge to keep below it in some areas. The boat used in Cabo Pulmo is a large, high-sided panga, with a ladder over the side, kinda difficult to get back in to. The van ride to Cabo Pulmo was long and dusty, it took us about two hours of driving one way, some of that on a dirt road but it was worth the trip.
We stayed at the Finisterra Hotel and Playa Grande Hotel, they are both a five minute walk from Amigos del Mar and their boat. The Sol Mar is also in the same area. We'll be going back same time this year.

I'll be there with my wife Sept. 3rd through the 7th. She doesnt dive, so I would like to find someone to dive with as well:D

We are staying at the Riu. We went last year this same time of year. Had a lot of fun despite perforating my eardrum on my first dive there. I used Manta Divers, and would do again. Great people!

Chris Walrod:
I'll be there with my wife Sept. 3rd through the 7th. She doesnt dive, so I would like to find someone to dive with as well:D

We are staying at the Riu. We went last year this same time of year. Had a lot of fun despite perforating my eardrum on my first dive there. I used Manta Divers, and would do again. Great people!

That's great. We will be at the Playa Grande and I will be diving with Amigos del Mar although I am thinking about trying Manta Divers just to see the difference. I really haven't seen much on SB about Manta Divers, I think I'll do a little research on the Internet.

I was there last year in Sept Water was almost 80 vis. between 75 and 80 ft. at peligan rock and about 60 at santa Maria less because it faces the open sea.Dove once with Amigos crew was OK but the owner was a jerk. We are trying to go in August to go to gordo banks. Two years ago it was the best Dive I ever had two whale Sharks came up to the Boat after the Dive. me and my wife slid right on the back of one and the Divemaster and bill got on the outher. we went for an e ticket ride that I will never forget. The boat Capt was really mad at us all because the two Sharks went in two Different Directions and almost lost sight of us.We saw schooling Hammerheads, tuna,Marlin,barracuda and Black Coral.Cant wait to go back. Go to the Marina to find the Dive shop there are six in the Tesoro Resort.

Back
Top Bottom