Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alice Mutasa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
My dive buddy & I have been searching for days for a liveaboard doing the North - Wrecks and Reefs or similar itinerary,. For the next two weeks it seems impossible to find anything that fits with flights from London leaving on a Friday or Saturday. Either the flight is full (eg 8 July) or the Egyptian fleets all seem to be empty with no confirmed sailings.
Can anyone recommend a land based trip / hotel either in Hurghada or El Gouna or round there, where we could book a dive package that would get us to at least some of the best reefs & wrecks in the north? I especially wanted to dive the Tiran reefs, given the fact that this may soon be impossible, but I guess they can't be accessed from land?

The Northern Reefs are too far North from Hurghada and El Gouna (30km North of El Gouna)

That said El Gouna is a great destination for daily dive trips. I used TGI divign when I was last there, wh are based in the Sheriton Miramar. I like TGI because you can book online in advance, and have (or did have) a UK number you could call even though their main centre was in Europe.

Emperor Divers and Blue O Two liveaboards still have limited availability. I can highly recommend Blue O two - it's worth calling to see what they have

I stayed at the Sheraton last May, TGI are no longer at the Sheraton Miramar, they are now with The Dive Connection at the Panorama Bungalow resort.
Cinderella have taken over at the Sheraton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom