Shop near Alki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outta check out tank prices at the "Big Sale" at the end of the month!

TSandM:
Makes perfect sense to have them inspected first. If they don't pass that, you aren't out the money or the time for a hydro.

I can't understand why a dive shop couldn't make it near the Coves. There is a such an incredible stream of divers there . . . I would think you could make it selling forgotten items like gloves and fins, and providing air fills!

My buddy and I were talking about that today. If there was a shop in place of the resturant one would only ever have to bring one tank to alki. :thumb:

laivindil:
My buddy and I were talking about that today. If there was a shop in place of the resturant one would only ever have to bring one tank to alki. :thumb:
... but then, where would we eat?

Remember, way more than scuba divers use Seacrest Park. And although Yvonne is very friendly to the divers, and she gets a lot of her business from us, most of it comes from the tourists ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
... but then, where would we eat?

Remember, way more than scuba divers use Seacrest Park. And although Yvonne is very friendly to the divers, and she gets a lot of her business from us, most of it comes from the tourists ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Assuming we could get permits we build up the building; dive shop on the 1st story, resturant on the 2nd. Give the diners a better view too. Make it architecturally pretty so no one minds the taller building :wink:

Then we add a parking garage with freight elevators for the divers. :D

[/wishful thinking]

no! NO! NO!! go down! Like I told my wife when we get the house on the water, build the restraunt below the waterline, big 'ol plexyglass wall and now we can sit and watch the dive classes, it'd be like dinner theater. seriosly though, how much does a compressor cost? They could add that to thier kayak rentals.

Kwbyron:
no! NO! NO!! go down! Like I told my wife when we get the house on the water, build the restraunt below the waterline, big 'ol plexyglass wall and now we can sit and watch the dive classes, it'd be like dinner theater.

LOL, now that there is an idea. [lightbulb] :D

Kwbyron:
no! NO! NO!! go down! Like I told my wife when we get the house on the water, build the restraunt below the waterline, big 'ol plexyglass wall and now we can sit and watch the dive classes, it'd be like dinner theater.

think that through a little more... the newbie diver at alki generates their own protective camoflage...

lamont:
think that through a little more... the newbie diver at alki generates their own protective camoflage...
Exactly ... even on a good day, Cove 2 ain't exactly Weeki Wachee. Anything underwater gets covered with plankton and silt pretty quickly ... especially student divers.

The problem with Seacrest Park is that there are a few cranky neighbors in those expensive condos across the street who view it as "their" park. They don't like divers and look for reasons to complain to the mayor's office at every opportunity.

You wouldn't even be able to run a fill station out of a truck in that place without them complaining about it ... they've even objected when dive shops put up a sign with the shop's name on the canopy they use for their classes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
The problem with Seacrest Park is that there are a few cranky neighbors in those expensive condos across the street who view it as "their" park. They don't like divers and look for reasons to complain to the mayor's office at every opportunity.
Maybe if you'd stop comparing your HIDs on their windows...:eyebrow:

What's that nude scuba diver's club? I think it's time for the annual conference to come to Seattle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom